Adult education and local development)
ECTS credit: 5
Lecturer(s): izr. prof. dr. Kušar Simon, izr. prof. dr. Ličen Nives, red. prof. dr. Potočnik Slavič Irma
• Theories of sustainable development and degrowth: sustainability and adult education.
• Space, place, and dimensions of space and education for local development.
• Social development and community psychology as a framework for community education.
• The role of culture in local development and development of community wellbeing
• Concepts of learning community/learning city and the new role of work, economic development, leissure, and actors in contemporary social circumstances.
• Transformative learning in local comuunity and transformative learning for development (O'Sullivan).
• Environmental education.
• Rural education as a part of community education.
• Adult education in cultural institutions.
• ANT theory (Latour), rhisomes (Deleuze and Guattari) and ecologies of learning.
• The social causes of neurosis today's civilization and respond to the socio-cultural forms of animation
• Definition, historical development, and functions of socio-cultural animation.
• Community education as the Anglo-Saxon model of reciprocal learning and interaction.
• Selected strategies in community education (study circles, intergenerational education, project design, community of practice, participatory action research, ethnomethodology).