The Endogenous Development of Rural Areas
ECTS credit: 6
Lecturer(s): red. prof. dr. Potočnik Slavič Irma
- Contemporary components of rural areas (space and population: urbanization impacts on rural areas; the last stages of deagrarization and returning to rural areas).
- The structure of rural areas: heritage of agrarian landscape ant its transformation (homesteads, ground plan of villages, landscape fragmentation and amalgamation, common fields; modernization of rural areas, tourism and recreation, field operations).
- New development elements in rural areas: local self-government, ICT, protected areas.
- From production-scape to consumption-scape. Marketing of rural areas.
- Entrepreneurship in rural areas. Supplementary activities on farms. Regional economic cycles in rural areas.