ECTS credit: 6
Lecturer(s): asist. Bobovnik Nejc, izr. prof. dr. Ogrin Matej
- Theoretical and methodological background of landscape ecology and its role in implementing the sustainability paradigm.
- The importance of maintaining the dynamic equilibrium in ecosystems and the environmental carrying capacity.
- Common characteristics of ecosystems regarding their flows of energy and cycles of materials as well as the extent and causes of their change.
- Elements of ecosystems, various forms of their interactions. Ecosystems as energy systems and the importance of biogeochemical cycles for their functioning and biomass production.
- Biodiversity and the adaptation to living conditions.
- The role of succession in maintaining the natural equilibrium and biodiversity.
- The application of ecosystem mechanisms in the planning of sustainable development.
- Fundamentals and criteria of landscape-ecological division. Indicators and criteria for environmental vulnerability assessment. Vulnerability of individual landscape-forming elements and landscape-ecological units of Slovenia.
- Sustainable management of fragile ecosystems. Geographical characteristics of fragile ecosystems in Slovenia and restrictions on further human impacts.