Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Šarić Marjeta, izr. prof. dr. Šteh Barbara
1. Definition of educational psychology; connection to other disciplines, importance for the profession.
2. Conceptions (implicit theories) of learning and definitions of learning. Following theoretical foundations of learning will be presented: associative theories, (neo) behaviourism with theory of reinforcement, gestalt theory, information processing theory and cognitive view on learning, with an emphasis on cognitive constructivism and humanistic psychology.
3. The interdependence of learning and maturation in the developmental process – critical comparative overview of different theories. Neurophysiological basis of learning.
4. Classification and overview of main models of learning, their basic characteristics, processes, conditions, theoretical foundations and practical applications (with an emphasis on higher types – Gagne).
5. Memory; the multiphase model of memory.
6. Learning transfer – types, characteristics, possibilities and limitations. A critical comparison of theories.
7. Creativity and learning.
8. Psychological basis of moral education. Learning of values and attitudes – a comparison of theories and models (Kolb, Kohlberg, Gilligan) with the connection to developmental psychology.
9. Learning as integration of cognitive, affective, social and physical aspects. Holistic approaches to learning: experiential learning, suggestopedia, NLP, etc.