Foundations of Librarianship and Library Organization
Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Petek Marija
• Library science, librarianship, definitions.
• Social role of modern libraries: culture, education, research, information.
• Information policy of Slovenia, local communities, institutions and its' influence on development and role of Slovenian libraries.
• Relevant acts and laws.
• Ethical principles of libraries and librarians work.
• Types of libraries.
• Organisation of libraries as a service with social responsibility for collecting, preserving, organising and dissemination.
• Evaluation of library services, national and international.