Library Collection Development
Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Pisanski Jan, doc. dr. Švab Katarina
• Definition and parameters of library collection building.
• Planning, development and fulfilling collection building policy.
• Core collection.
• Collection building regarding different fields and users.
• Purchasing material, building collection and lending.
• Responsibility for collection building.
• Technology influence.
• International and national standards and guidelines.
• Evaluation of collections.
• Preservation and maintenance of the collections.