Geography of Crisis Areas and Border Studies
Study Cycle: 2
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Rogelj Boštjan, izr. prof. dr. Zupančič Jernej
- Geographical dimensions of crisis areas in the world.
- Geopolitical zoning. Geopolitics in the modern world.
- The circumstances and reasons of conflicts and crisis areas.
- The characteristics of crisis areas development; their social and spatial consequences.
- Political-geographical aspects of crisis areas resolutution.
- Peace- and humanitary operation in modern era in geographic context.
- Interethnic relations and processes. Ethnic conflicts. The ethnic conflicts resolution. Different practices: resetlements, border changes, autonomies, federation. State creation.
- Political borders and border conflicts. Geography of borders. The border problems solutions.
- Revitalizationa and re-integration of crisis areas.
- Radical movements and their impact to the modern geopolitics. Fundamentalism and terrorism.
- Political-geographical analysis of crisis area: from the early confrontation to conflictsand conflicts-resolution. Revitalization of post-crisis area.
- Crisisand post-crisis areas in Europe.
- Near and Middle East. Arabian arc.
- Crisis areas in Asia: the power of new nationalisms
- Crisis areas in Africa: cultural and social dimensions of outside powers. African nationalism.
- Crisis areas in Latin America: the troubles of weak countries. Revolutions, dictatorships and chaos.