Study Cycle: 2
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Cergol Paradiž Ana, prof. dr. Verginella Marta
In the foreground will lie the handling of certain fundamental issues of material and biological as well as social and cultural anthropology (with emphasis on the period from the 18th to the 20th century), such as:
- Housing and clothing culture.
- History of nutrition and nutritional systems.
- Process of hygienising urban agglomerations and the countryside.
- History of bodily hygiene and the history of odours.
- History of the ways of living and of the family.
- Inter-family relations.
- Position of women (mothers) and children in the family and in society.
- History of conjugal relation.
- Children out of conjugal relation.
- Attitude towards sex and the different sexual practices.
- Process of civilising.
All phenomena will be discussed in light of social inequality.
The content of the selected topics changes from year to year. It depends on the research work of the lecturer and on the specific interest of the students.