Geography of Ethnic Questions
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Rogelj Boštjan, izr. prof. dr. Zupančič Jernej
- The phenomenon of nation and other ethnic formations. Theoretical constelation of ethnic studies. Practices and policies on ethnic issues.
- The research attempts to ethnic issues: statistical sources, archives, registres and field research work. Classification of nations and ethnic minorities.
- Nation and state, Nation-state, Nations and nationalism. Interethnic relations. Interethnic conflicts. Role and function of ethnic minorities
- Socialization and assimilation.
- National identity and national awareness.
- National institutions. National and minority- organization.
- Minorites. Minority-school systems, Formal and real minority protection.
- National composition of Slovenia. Slovenes in neighbour countries.
- Selected european minorities and non-statal nations: Hungarians, Serbs, Bosniaks, Turks, Roma, Sweden, South Tyrolean german spiking population, German communities in Europe. Sami, Friesland, Sorbs, Vlachs etc.